Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ROC VBS

As I watched the children recite John 3:18 by memory this morning: "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth," with motions and all, I was taken back to my own time attending Vacation Bible School. The simple truths that I learned there have become a foundation holding me together when the storms of life threaten to tear me apart. Those lessons have guided me through some dark and difficult situations. And I am so blessed to be a part of passing those life giving lessons on to another generation.



We are talking with these children about a God who can custom build our heart to love him and serve others... that we love because He first loved us as 1 John 4:19 tells us... that we can resist temptation and evil, just like Jesus to do what is right all the time... but if we do mess up, we can come to God and ask for forgiveness and He removes the barrier of sin from our life.


Continue to pray for our ROC Kids this week, that God would plant these seeds deep in their hearts so that they might live good and fruitful lives. If you would like to see more pictures of our ROC VBS 2010 just click on this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment