Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Letter

Evil is a word used to describe the absence of good, just as we use the word darkness to describe the absence of light or death to describe the absence of life. Both evil and darkness can be understood only in relation to light and good; they do not have any actual existence. I am light and I am good. I am love and there is no darkness in me. Light and Good actually exist. So, removing yourself from me will plunge you into darkness. Declaring independence will result in evil because, apart from me, you can draw only upon yourself. That is death because you have separated yourself from me: Life. ~ The Shack

Man bro, I read that and was like WOW! In fact, I said the exact same thing as the man God was speaking with. I just hadn’t read far enough to know his response.


How are you? I’m well bro for real. God is good and I praise His Holy Name for everything He’s done. Grace and Peace indeed! We’ll get to a few of those things here in a minute, first things first.

How’s Sara and your son? Miss you guys, man. Been a while since I’ve had people like you two around. Two of a kind I’m sure of it. Lil guy is getting big huh? I’ll meet him soon. God’s got something planned for me.

How’s the church family? Can’t wait to come home man. Feel like this is training camp or something. Been burying myself in books and different things to give me a better understanding of my Father. I actually started VBC – Victory Bible College – last Sunday. 30, 16 hour courses, nothing major but I will get and use the opportunity to further my growth in Christ.

Man bro, I can’t shut up about God! I’m on the yard talking about God. I thank my Father for his grace. Bro, I’m actually happy! Been a long time since I’ve been happy. So many tears, frowns and painful nights. I feel as if I’ve seen a portion of hell, but through the dark, Abba Father got me and held me close. No more darkness. I was witnessing to a brother today. Showing my battle wounds and scars. I know where I’ve been, I know where God’s brought me from. And through it all, He still loves me. Everyone needs to know about this Love.


I told you that I’ve hooked up with a few other men of Christ. We do our best to keep each other’s spirits up and help each other out. I’m kind of a solo individual though. But these are my bro’s, nonetheless. Four of my favorite guys to be around are Tapia – he looks like a Mexican Doug from the show “King of Queens.” Only short. Strong in faith. The guy is a blessing to anyone he comes in contact with.


Then you have Pollywood – at first glance, you’d see ‘all business, no nonsense strait to the point type of guy.’ And at times he is, but Pollywood is a blast to be around. He has an I’ll tell you the truth, so if you can’t handle it don’t ask’ type of character about him.


Man of God. ‘Papa’ – Bobby Sanders – He’s the one who is about mid-50’s, but beams as if he’s 10 years old all the time. Keeps us all laughing and has so much knowledge and wisdom, Richard. This guy is amazing and such a blessing to be around. His testimony is amazing bro. All these guys have extraordinary testimonies, but ‘Papa’ sticks out the most to me. This guy shines so bright with the Holy Spirit bro. I touch him every day to get a piece of his happiness to go along with my own. You’d never think he had all the time he has. God is evident in El Reno Federal Correctional Institution.


Last is Santiago, as much as I’d like to consider myself a soldier, this would be the guy who has been in and out of battle so many times he lost count of all the victories. My brother, man. He reminds me of me so much. He’s done and been through enough to realize that he’s truly blessed to be alive and still have an out date one day. And now, he is a warrior of the Father and pushes the line on Satan, helping us all with our walk as we do him. Powerful soldier of God and you know what? He reminds me of you. He helped me take those first few steps back in the faith. And showed me how to really trust God. Like I said, God is here bro. We are holding it down and leading by example. Pray for us man and know that the Squad is strong as ever here at El Reno. I’ll send you pictures soon.

I’ve talked to my sister, she’s doing better. Man, I wish I were there with her. Miss her and want better for her. Thank you for hooking her up with Nancy. True blessing. Our Father moves, doesn’t he?

I wanted to ask you about John Chapman. Did he ever become a pastor? And how is he? Good man, right there, Richard. And Nathan Holloway and Chris? Let me know how they are and to be honest I’d like email addresses to put on my mailing lists. It’d be cool to speak to those guys again. Let me know about that.

I have my mother’s picture sitting up on my bed. She’s smiling at me. I know she’s proud and really smiling at her son now. Took a while but I’m not running from my responsibility any longer. “Son of a Soldier.” Miss her, but I’ll see her again one of these days. God has some things He wants me to do. I believe those things are great.

Oh year, before I forget, these guys at church don’t know ‘Shout to the Lord.’ You think someone could send me the music and lyrics for the praise team band? Get with me on that. Please let them know I appreciate any other songs they would like to send as well. Just try and send the music as well.

Well, it’s getting late big bro. I gotta get some sleep. Up early breakfast is the best of the week on Wednesday morning. Love you bro and please tell Sara I’m happy to be an uncle. Stay up Richard and since everyday is a struggle, pray for us as I pray for you and my church family. Kind of don’t want to end the letter, feel as if I’m talking directly to you over a cup of coffee. Soon enough, right? God already told me, I’ll be home sooner than what these people say. Pray for my family and sister. And pray that the Judge finds it in his heart to grant me another chance.

To my brother and Pastor
With love of a younger brother
And solider in Christ!
~ Tori

P.S. Most birds were created to fly. Being grounded for them is a limitation within their ability to fly, not the other way around. You, on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were un-loved is a limitation, not the other way around. Living unloved is like clipping a bird’s wings and removing its ability to fly. Not something I want for you. ~ The Shack

Sometimes we hurt so bad, all we see is our pain. Sometimes we lose sight of God. But I know now, my Father never left me. Was there the whole time. Go in love, grace and peace Bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment